Pomegranate Buckwheat Bowl
Yummy. Healthy, fulfilling breakfast.
First of all, I love everything about buckwheat- bread, pies, crepes, breakfast cereals, wherever I can I put buckwheat.
It is super plant, gluten free, easy to digest. It’s not a grain, even lot of people think it is, because it looks that way.
- Rich in Iron, Zinc, Selenium, Magnesium, Vitamins B, lower blood pressure and improve heart health.
- Contain all 9 essential amino acids which make Buckwheat a “grain” with complete protein
- Soak buckwheat before use. Soaking of buckwheat seeds helps break phytic acid and make seeds more digestible
Buckwheat can be used as a raw groats, Kasha or flour.
Make a difference between:
- Kasha (toasted groats-dark reddish brown color and strong nutty taste) and
- Raw groats (neutral taste and light color).
All you need for this recipe is:
Raw Buckwheat groats, Chia seeds, Coconut milk (or any other dairy or non dairy milk) and any fruit you prefer, I chose pomegranate, blueberries and bananas..
Chia seeds need to be soaked overnight cause they will make gel, in that form they have a full benefits, nutrients are better absorbed by our body. Also chia seeds are full of fiber, keep us full and improve our digestion.
It was a goal with pomegranate who gives tangy sour taste to neutral coconut unsweetened milk and plus bananas naturally sweet fruit..
Pomegranate seeds :
- Extremely healthy, ready to eat raw, just open and with spoon you can eat seeds raw, they are delicious
- Rich in vitamin C, fiber, Iron and antioxidants
- Help against inflammation, high blood pressure and other disease
I didn’t add any sweetener, banana was enough for me to satisfy my hunger for sugar. It’s up to you if you want to add Stevia, Maple syrup, honey etc..